District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Regular Council Meeting - September 17, 2019
- Council approved that Staff sent a letter of congratulations to Nicole Montgomery for her volunteer time of 13 years on the Parent Advisory Council;
- Council approved that not withstanding Section D(i) of the District's Travel Expense and Council Remuneration Bylaw, members of Council attending the 2019 Union of BC Municipalities Convention be permitted to claim meal allowance for breakfasts;
- Council gave 1st and 2nd reading to District of Logan Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 852, 2019, as follows: to amend Section 1 - Definitions by providing a new definition for "Cannabis Production"; to amend Section 18.5 Special Regulation by adding that Cannabis Production is permitted on Lot 1, Plan KAP74698, DL 2217 KDYD (184 Apex Drive) provided that such production does not produce any odour on neighbouring parcels; and to allow a Lot Coverage increase from the required 60% to 62%; and approved to move forward to Public Hearing;
- Council supported the Thompson Nicola Regional District as the primary applicant to apply for, receive, and manage the grant funding for the preparation of a Housing Needs Report on behalf of the District of Logan Lake;
- Council approved a new Liquor Licence/Cannabis Referrals Policy;
- Council approved that a letter be forwarded to Fire Chief Dan Leighton congratulating him on his Fire Service Award;
- Council approved that a letter be sent to the School Trustee of School District No. 73 requesting her attendance at a Council meeting;
- Council gave 1st, 2nd and 3rd reading to Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 851, 2019.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2019 Regular Council Meeting ScheduleUploaded: February 12, 2019