District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
November 6, 2018 - Inaugural Council Meetings
- Council adopted the following 2019 Regular Council Meeting Schedule: January 8 and 22; February 12 and 26; March 12 and 26; April 9 and 23; May 14 and 28; June 11 and 25; July 16; August 13; September 3 and 17; October 8 and 22; November 12 and 26; and December 17, to be held in Council Chambers at Municipal Hall at #1 Opal Drive, Logan Lake, commencing at 7:00 pm. The 2019 Regular Council Meeting Schedule will be advertised pursuant to section 94 of the Community Charter;
- Council appointed Councillor Bell to coordinate the judging for commercial businesses on a date to be determined, and Councillor Newman to coordinate the judging for residential decorations on Thursday, December 6, 2018;
- Council approved that Staff forward a letter of support to the Premier, Minister of Finance and Deputy Premier, and Minister of Energy and Mines regarding a request for funding from the Province to allow GeoscienceBC to continue research on mining reclamation. A copy of the letter will also be forwarded to Richard Truman, Geoscience BC; and
- Council approved $300 for the District to place an ad in the 2019 BC/Yukon Royal Canadian Legion Annual ‘Military Service Recognition Book’.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2018 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: June 19, 2018