District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
March 12 & 26, 2019 - Regular Council Meetings
1. Council read Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 841, 2019 a first and second time;
2. Council approved the parcel tax increase as submitted by the Logan Lake TV Society;
3. Council approved the Logan Lake Lions Club to place a sign board advertising local businesses;
4. Council requested meetings with the Minister of Health; Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development; and that the travel expenses for Mayor R. Smith and Councillor A. Smith, and Mr. Lambright be approved; and that the MP and MLA be notified of the meeting;
5. Staff provided information on what public input could look like at open meetings;
6. Council approved that Amber Park be renamed “Al Kemp Park” in honour of past Mayor Al Kemp;
7. Council approved the route into the community for ATV riders requested by ATVBC for their event in 2019;
8. Staff will prepare a Volunteer Interest form for the 50th Anniversary celebration;
9. Staff will investigate the cost of a lawyer to review forms for the 50th Anniversary Committee and report the cost back to the committee;
10. Council is not prepared to proceed with a new Museum/Archive building at this time, and that the building will not be part of the Legacy Project proposal;
11. Council approved that the District of Logan Lake purchase a Full Institutional Membership with the Archives Association of BC at a cost of $120;
12. Council approved that Vesta Giles of Vandelso Productions, and one (1) District staff member be permitted to take online course “Managing Archives” for a cost of $350 plus textbooks;
13. Council approved that the invoice from Vandelso Productions in the amount of $1,087.62 be paid;
14. Staff to provide information to the Lake Enhancement Working Group on how to get expedited approvals;
15. Council approved the 2019 Annual Budget Meeting be scheduled for April 17, 2019 at 9:00 am in the Fire Hall Teck Room;
16. Council approved the sitting of the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel be held on March 28, 2018 at 9:00 am in the Teck Room at the Fire Hall, and that Councillors’ Youd, Bell and A. Smith be appointed to the panel;
17. Staff prepared a new Travel Expense and Council Remuneration Bylaw for Council’s consideration, that rates remuneration rates be increased by +2.9%, and the vehicle allowance rate be increased to $.58/km;
18. Council approved that Public Notice be given for consideration of adopting District of Logan Lake Council Procedures Amendment Bylaw No. 842, 2019 at the March 26, 2019 Regular Meeting; and
19. Council read Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 841, 2019 a third time.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2019 Regular Council Meeting ScheduleUploaded: February 12, 2019