District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Regular Council Meetings - January 14 & 28, 2020
1. Council approved the Logan Lake Wellness, Health and Youth Society request to operate ATV;s in the Municipality Boundaries from December 19, 2019 to February 8, 2020 to prepare for Polar Carnival;
2. Council approved forwarding a letter from TELUS PureFibre, regarding the District's interest in bringing broadband services to the community, to the Ministry of Citizen's Services;
3. Council approved sending a letter to Vision Quest requesting their attendance a Council meeting and provide a management update;
4. Council approved a letter from International Coat of Arms regarding lapel pins cost estimate be sent to 2020 budget discussions;
5. Council approved the wording 'Andrew Klassen' be removed from the Lake Enhancement Working Group, and replaced with 'Representative (and Alternate)', on the 2020 Committees and Other Appointments;
6. Council approved the 2020 Committees and Other Appointments and the 2020 Terms of Reference for the 50th Anniversary Committee; Lake Enhancement Working Group; Public Works, Parks, and Recreation Committee; Economic Development, Trails, and Tourism Committee; Executive, Policy, and Relationship Building Committee; and Community Services Committee;
7. Council approved the Chief Administrative Officer’s report regarding Zoning Bylaw Review for Secondary Suites be referred to a Committee of the Whole meeting; and
8. Council approved the Chief Administrative Officer’s report regarding Deer Management be referred to a Committee of the Whole meeting.
9. Council approved a letter from Gold Country Communities Society regarding 3-Year Tourism Marketing and Development Agreement for 2020 - 2023 and payment of Membership Invoice of $5,250;
10. Council referred to budget discussions an annual budget increase to $20,000 for the Lake Enhancement Working Group;
11. Council approved a letter from ATVBC (request for bylaw exemption) including the revised map proposing ATV travel routes through the District;
12. Council approved District staff draft a business engagement letter regarding the 50th Anniversary Celebrations;
13. Council approved Grant-in-Kind request from the Logan Lake Minor Hockey Association for the use of the Upper Lounge in the Recreation Centre for the 2nd Annual Masquerade Ball fundraiser on February 14, 2020 in the amount of $365;
14. Council authorized disposal of the records identified in the "Inactive Records to be Destroyed in 2019";
15. Council approved the request from the Logan Lake Laugh & Learn Daycare regarding District partnership with the Daycare be Tabled to the next Committee of the Whole meeting for further discussion;
16. Council approved a letter be sent to Bryan Town and Lucy Hollis, Logan Lake Laugh & Learn Daycare inviting them to the next Committee of the Whole meeting; and
17. Council approved to refer to budget, a request for a quote to purchase a mug commemorating the 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2020 Regular Meeting ScheduleUploaded: December 5, 2019
- 2020 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: January 30, 2020