District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
1. Council approved a 0% Tax Increase for 2020;
2. Council approved Logan Lake Community Forest Corporation Surplus Policy Cash Transfer of $100,000 be placed in the Water Operating Reserve Fund;
3. Council approved the Water Utility Rates be increased by 2.3% for 2020;
4. Council approved the Sewer Utility Rates receive a 0% increase for 2020;
5. Council approved $95,000 to complete the roof replacement at the Recreation Centre;
6. Council approved the Garbage/Recycling Rates receive a 0% increase for 2020;
7. Council approved the LL WHY Service Agreement of $45,300 for 2020; and requested an update to further understand their budgetary needs for the year;
8. Council authorized to keep existing solid waste truck as well as purchase a new solid waste truck;
9. Council approved the replacement of the Public Works Utility Service Truck in 2020;
10. Council tabled consideration of the rehabilitation of the District's Tennis Courts and the surfacing component being awarded to TOMIKO Sport Systems to the first meeting in September 2020;
11. Council tabled the request to engage with a preliminary design for the Campground Road entrance to the Golf Course, and a preliminary cost estimate, subject to review of information presented by the Meadow Creek Golf Course to the first Regular Council meeting in September 2020;
12. Council tabled consideration to develop a way finding (including electronic) signage program to the first Regular Council meeting in September 2020;
13. Council approved funds for the operation and preliminary infrastructure design for operation of the spawning channel;
14. Council approved a letter be sent to the Logan Lake Laugh and Learn Society requesting further clarification on actual funding needs and what funding has been approved and not approved by other organizations or funding bodies;
15. Council approved the Logan Lake Laugh and Learn Society request for $45,000 subject to obtaining proof of Provincial Grant approval, as well as the District's approval of their budget;
16. Council approved the Girl Guides of Canada request for a Grant-in-Kind of $1,350;
17. Council approved the Logan Lake Lions Grants-in-Kind of $400, $260, and $400 for events to be held in the Community based on COVID-19 restrictions being lifted;
18. Council approved the LL WHY’s Grant-in-Kind $7,000 request based on COVID-19 restrictions being lifted;
19. Council approved funds to complete the remaining earthworks for Ironstone Phase 3b & 3c;
and that Administration award the contract to complete the earthworks construction to the preferred proponent, Rivermist Excavating;
20. Council authorized utilizing $150,000 for bridge, viewing platform and kiosk/interpretive panels for Mimi Falls Project from grant funding received.
April 21, 2020 Regular Council Meeting Highlights
21. Council tabled the request from Dave Prentice and Jenny Garthwaite regarding upgrades to the Tennis Court and adding Pickle Ball lines to the first meeting in September;
22. Council defeated the request from Dave Prentice to waive the fees for arena board advertising for the Logan Lake Highlanders Oldtimers Hockey Team; however, recommended they apply through the District’s Grant-In-Aid Program;
23. Council approved that a letter be sent to the Interior Health Authority requesting a meeting with representatives to discuss mental health options for Logan Lake;
24. Council approved to distribute the District’s Gas Cards evenly between the three applicants as listed: Logan Lake Lions Club, Highland Valley Outdoor Association and Logan Lake Wellness, Health and Youth Society;
25. Council approved to open the Logan Lake Municipal Campground on the Long Weekend in May for Dry Camping Only;
26. Council gave first, second and third reading to the TV Society Grant-in-Aid Frontage Tax Bylaw No. 857, 2020.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2020 Regular Meeting ScheduleUploaded: December 5, 2019
- 2020 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: March 10, 2020