District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
As per Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and events, Public attendance at any meetings of Council is currently prohibited. Meetings will be held electronically until further notice.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
February 9, 10 & 23, 2021 Council Meetings
1. Council forwarded a letter from Evelyn Forbes re: Artwork for the mall area to the 50th Anniversary Committee for further consideration;
2. Council approved promoting Gold Country Communities Society’s "Share Your Hearts" campaign;
3. Council approved that the Regional Housing Needs Report for the District of Logan Lake be received, accepted, and posted to the District's Website and thanked the Community for their participation in the study;
4. Council adopted Fire Department Regulations Bylaw No. 866, 2020;
5. Council approved the recommended COVID-19 Safe Restart Reserve Fund Continuity Spreadsheet;
6. Council approved up to $150,000 in 2021 from the Gas Tax Fund to cover any contingencies for the expanded building plan and optional items for Well 1 Capacity and Building Design;
7. Council approved $20,000 for implementation of a Way Finding Program signage program;
8. Council referred consideration of $115,000 for the rehabilitation of the District's Tennis Courts to a Committee of the Whole meeting;
9. Council approved $20,000 to engage with a preliminary plan design for the Campground Road entrance to the Golf Course;
10. Council referred a report outlining costs to broadcast Council meetings to Final Budget;
11. Council referred a full review of all Logan Lake websites with a report outlining options and costs to Final Budget;
12. Council approved $35,000 for a detailed Connectivity Feasibility Plan;
13. Council approved an application to the Union of BC Municipalities Community-2-Community (C2C) Forum funding for $5,000 to host a C2C Forum with the Lower Nicola Band in fall of 2021;
14. Council approved up to $10,000 from the General Operating Fund Surplus to hire a governance training consultant in 2021;
15. Council approved $4,860 for the supply and installation of signage at the rear of the Fire Hall;
16. Council approved allocation of $50,000 from the Capital, Machinery & Equipment Reserve Fund in 2021 for fleet replacement;
17. Council approved $850,000 in 2021 to complete the development for Ironstone Phase 3b and a portion of 3c through a Request for Proposal;
18. Council approved $22,000 to complete the realignment and upgrade of campground storage;
19. Council approved $40,000 for the construction of a columbarium wall at the Logan Lake cemetery.
20. Council supports a letter be sent to the Corporation of the City of Vernon regarding their Resolution for accessibility to Contraception;
21. Council approved the sitting of the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (location to be determined);
22. Council approved a letter of thanks be sent to Cpl. Duncan, Logan Lake RCMP for his presentation of the 4th Quarterly Report;
23. Council approved a letter be sent to Mark Amundrud, Kelly Griffin and Jesse Berube from Enbridge thanking them for their presentation;
24. Council adopted Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 869, 2021;
25. Council approved Administrative Report from the Chief Administrative Officer regarding the scheduling of a Public Hearing to consider Rezoning of Lot 25, DL 2217 KDYD, KAP32012 (332 Basalt Dr.);
26. Council gave 1st & 2nd Readings to Zoning Amendment Bylaw 870, 2021;
27. Council appointed Anne Yanciw, Chief Administrative Officer as Approving Officer for the District of Logan Lake;
28. Council advised that Dan Leighton will be providing Fire/Emergency Consulting Services for the District of Logan Lake.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2021 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: December 23, 2020
- 2021 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: December 23, 2020