District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
District of Logan Lake Council Meetings will resume in Council Chambrs at Municipal Hall at #1 Opal Drive as scheduled..
The October 12, 2021 Regular Council Meeting has been CANCELLED.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
September, 2021 Regular Council Meeting
- Council approved 2021 Grant-in-Kind Application from LL Lions requesting the use of the Curling Rink, tables and chairs for the Logan Lake Community Groups Info Day on October 2, 2021 subject to COVID-19 Guidelines;
- Council approved the request from the Regional District of Mount Waddington regarding a challenge to all Local Governments to contribute one dollar ($1) for every resident in their community to help rebuild the Village of Lytton and that the District of Logan Lake participate in the challenge;
- Council approved the letter of support from Gold Country BC for their application for the Fairs Festivals Events Recovery Fund from the Province of BC for the Gold Country GeoTour Prequel event and launch in August 2022;
- Council approved the DRAFT letter from the Lake Enhancement Working Group be sent to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure;
- Council approved the Community Development Officer contact the LL WHY to help with coordination of the 50th Anniversary Celebration Events; and that the LL WHY get back to the District with a cost for assisting with the event;
- Council approved Logan Lake 50th Anniversary Celebration be held on June 30, July 1, 2, and 3, 2022;
- Council approved a scope and estimate be obtained from Vesta Giles for the creation of a book regarding the 2021 Tremont Creek Wildfire and FireSmart in the District of Logan Lake;
- Council appointed Joan Saunders and Lawrence Hart as voting members on the 50th Anniversary Committee; and Karley Millhouse, Sandy Soul, and Nadia Ward as Alternate Voting Members;
- Council awarded the time sensitive paving of a portion of Jasper Drive to Peter Brothers Construction Ltd. for $57,000 + GST;
- Council referred to budget the discussion of outdoor sinks in the Campground at a cost of $2,500.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2021 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: December 23, 2020
- 2021 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: December 23, 2020