District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
As per Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and events, Public attendance at any meetings of Council is currently prohibited. Meetings will be held electronically until further notice.
Regular Council Meeting - to Join Zoom Meeting please click here
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
April 6, 2021 Regular Council Meeting & April 13, 2021 Special Council Annual Budget Meeting
1. Council awarded the contract to complete construction of Ironstone Ridge Residential Subdivision, Phase 3B, to Rivermist Excavating at a cost of $639,841.53 (inclusive of tax) allowing the remainder of the project money (total project budget of $850,000) to be allocated towards contingency and Phase 3C development;
2. Council approved a Rental Agreement with the Logan Lake Athletic Club as presented for the weight room within the Recreation Centre;
3. Council approved the contract be awarded to Bree Contracting Ltd. to complete construction of Well 5 including the submitted optional items for a total of $707,772.45 (inclusive of tax);
4. Council awarded the Connectivity Comparison Plan to Planetworks Consulting; and that an additional $9,000 be budgeted for the Comparison Plan report;
5. Council awarded the contract for the replacement of pick-up truck #21 to Metro Motors Ltd. for $45,416.00 taxes included;
6. Council approved an increase to the Water Utility rates by 3% in 2021;
7. Council approved Contribution to Reserves for the Sewer Operating Fund of $110,800 from the sewer operating fund surplus;
8. Council approved an increase to the sewer utility rates by 1.3% in 2021;
9. Council approved an increase to the solid waste & recycling rates by 1.8% in 2021;
10. Council approved an additional $4,000 annually to implement broadcasting the District's Regular Council Meetings;
11. Council approved $20,000 for a custom website update and consolidation of the Logan Lake websites;
12. Council approved $25,000 in 2021 to complete all highlighted items pertaining to Municipal Hall Project Finishing Touches;
13. Council approved $21,000 + GST in the 2021 budget for the supply and installation of Lennox ductless split A/C system in the Fire Hall; and that the project be awarded to Twin River Plumbing and Heating;
14. Council approved $2,000 for the livestreaming of the Canada Day Fireworks Display;
15. Council approved the purchase of the Cobra Firing System at a cost of $7,500; and that $7,500 be added to the Canada Day Budget;
16. Council approved Grant-in-Kind request from the Logan Lake Grad Class 2021 in the amount of $1,018.50 for the use of the Recreation Centre;
17. Council approved Grant-in-Aid request for a grant from the Kamloops Amateur Radio Club in the amount of $2,792.20 to be used for Capital Purposes;
18. Council approved Grant-in-Kind request from Logan Lake Lacrosse in the amount of $6,244.88 for use of the Recreation Centre;
19. Council approved 2021 annual funding support to the Logan Lake WHY in the amount of $45,300 subject to having a revised operating budget due to COVID-19;
20. Council approved the combined Campground Manager and Campground Host roles as a seasonal contract, separated from the Community Development Officer/Visitor Information Centre Manager/Event Planner role, and budgeted $21,000 for this service;
21. Council approved the allocation of $60,000 in 2021 to build a double walled polycarbonate greenhouse;
22. Council approved $84,000 be taken from Surplus and placed in the Road Reserve;
23. Council approved $16,200 be taken from Surplus and placed in the Parks Reserve;
24. Council approved $5,000 be taken from the Banner Reserve and placed in the Parks Reserve;
25. Council approved $200,000 be taken from Surplus and placed into the Cemetery Reserve;
26. Council approved an increase to the municipal property tax rates by 1.8% in 2021.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2021 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: December 23, 2020
- 2021 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: December 23, 2020