District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
July 16, 2019 - Regular Council Meetings
1. Council approved issuance of Development Variance Permit #2-19 for the property legally described as Lot 158, Plan KAP30880, DL 2217, KDYD (182 Aspen Crescent), to vary the provisions of Zoning Bylaw 675, Section 8 R1 Zone - Single Family Residential, sub-section 8.2.25 - Total Combined Maximum Floor Area of/for Accessory Building(s) from the 50m2 to 52.5m2, as the applicant intends to add new stairs and a deck to an existing Accessory Building on the property;
2. Council approved staff to send a letter of thanks to Ray Town for planting seedlings at the wetlands, and a letter to Jacqui Schneider, Teck Highland Valley Copper for the extra seedlings that the mine provided;
3. Council approved the remaining 2019 Committee of the Whole Meetings be scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of each month from July – December at 2:00 p.m. in Council Chambers;
4. Council approved that the Lake Enhancement Working Group allocate five-thousand dollars ($5,000) from its existing budgets to be utilized for 2019 Wetland/Stream restoration, inclusive of soil and plant testing, in the event that the third-party agreement is untenable this year;
5. Council approved the allocation of up to $10,000/year over 3 years for continuation of wetlands restoration in conjunction with the Logan Lake Enhancement Working Group and the British Columbia Institute of Technology; and that the District continue to seek third party partnership for 2019;
6. Council approved that the Lake Enhancement Working Group pay Jason Montgomery, Kale Solutions, $50/hour for up to three (3) hours to prepare a report for Council regarding hazard and safety concerns of the compressor shed;
7. Council approved that the District request a letter of support from the Merritt RCMP Detachment for a 4th RCMP Member to be stationed in Logan Lake;
8. Council approved changes to the Grant-in-Aid Policy;
9. Council approved the Statement of Financial Information Report for 2018;
10. Council approved appropriation of $80,000 from the Community Works Gas Tax Reserve Fund in 2019 for the supply and installation of a new pump and motor in the District's water distribution Supply Well 4 and for the construction of 2 blow-off assemblies on Well 1 and Well 3; and for Administration to amend the Financial Plan accordingly;
11. Council directed Administration to make the 2018 Annual Report available for public inspection as presented and advertise consideration of the 2018 Annual Report at the August 13, 2019 Regular Council meeting;
12. Council adopted the 2018 Financial Statements; and
13. Council approved Infinite Expansion Foundation funding request of $4,000 in principal for their Logan Lake Bike Race on September 21, 2019 subject to receipt of a Grant-in-Aid application.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2019 Regular Council Meeting ScheduleUploaded: February 12, 2019