District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
July 17 - Regular Council Meeting
- Council approved the 2017 Annual Report;
- Council authorized issuance of Development Variance Permit 2-18 for the property legally described as Lot 55, Plan KAP21938, DL 1666, KDYD (2 Garnet Drive), to vary the Maximum Floor Area of Accessory Building to construct a garage;
- Council approved the Pitched Roof Option of the Municipal Hall Retrofit;
- Council approved the appointment of Dave McFadden to the Logan Lake Community Forest Corporation Board of Directors;
- Council approved the submission of an application to the BC Rural Dividend Program for the funding of an Off-Highway Vehicle Trail Development Project;
- Council authorized staff to research information and the process required for banning plastic bags in Logan Lake and forward the information to a Regular Council Meeting;
- Council authorized staff to research options for business owners within the District to have a Mobile Vendor business licence to use on public land within the municipality; and
- Council authorized Administration to submit a grant application to the Northern Development Initiative Trust under Community halls and Recreation Facilities program for $200,000.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2018 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: June 19, 2018