District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
District of Logan Lake Council Meetings will resume in Council Chambrs at Municipal Hall at #1 Opal Drive as scheduled..
The September 7, 2021 Regular Council Meeting has been CANCELLED.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
July 13, 2021 Regular Council Meeting
- Council approved the 2020 Annual Report as presented;
- Council approved a resolution to go to the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM) Convention Incentivizing Green Energy Production;
- Council approved that a letter of thanks be sent to the BC Interior Community Foundation for the Interest cheque and that the Director of Finance provide options to Council for the funding;
- Council approved that a letter of response be sent to the Ministry of Forest, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (MFLNR/RD) stating that Logan Lake is currently monitoring water levels and taking an active approach to drought concerns;
- Council approved that School District 73, Interior Health Authority, and applicable Government Agencies be notified of the District's Water Monitoring;
- Council approved that a letter be sent to the community of Lytton paying respects for the recent fire in their community; and that the District of Logan Lake wishes to help in any way in Lytton's restart;
- Council approved that a thank you letter be sent to the LL Lions regarding the success of the Kayak Race; and that Council hopes to see the Lions host the Kayak Race as an annual event;
- Council approved that a thank you letter be sent to LL Emergency Social Services, LL Emergency Operations Centre, LL Fire & Rescue, and Forsite Consulting Ltd. for their dedication and commitment during recent fires in the area;
- Council approved Inviting District Engineers to a Committee of the Whole meeting to discuss various items regarding District infrastructure including future Ironstone Ridge Development, Road Repairs, and Golf Course Road modifications;
- Council requested that Staff provide a report to the Public Works, Parks and Recreation Committee (PWPR) regarding costs associated with the installation of stainless steel outside sinks for campers in the Campground;
- Council approved Staff to conduct a compliance assessment of storm water discharge behind Ironstone Ridge residential development;
- Council requested the Community Development Officer to prepare an updated report including approximate costs regarding additional community events;
- Council requested that Staff review and come back to Council regarding options to make the role of the Bylaw Officer and Animal Control position more appealing;
- Council requested that the PWPR Committee review potential Dog Park locations and make recommendation to Council;
- Councill approved for Councillor Newman to coordinate with staff regarding a Ministry of FLNRO/RD meeting request during the UBCM Convention;
- Council requested that staff contact the Ministry of Technology and Innovation to request a meeting during the UBCM Convention;
- Council requested that staff schedule appointments with the Ministry of Attorney General & Minister Responsible for Housing, and the Ministry of Mental Health & Addictions to discuss the need for affordable senior housing in Logan Lake at the 2021 UBCM Convention.
- Council referred the request from LL Minor Hockey Association regarding funding for an expansion to the LL Recreation Centre for additional Dressing Rooms and office space to a PWPR Committee meeting for further discussion.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2021 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: December 23, 2020
- 2021 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: December 23, 2020