District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Regular/Special Council Meeting - November 12 & 26, 2019
1. Council approved for the Lions Club to host a Kayak race on Logan Lake July 4, 2020 during the District’s 50th Anniversary Celebration;
2. Council approved an honorarium, in the amount of $600 per month for November, December and January, for Jason Montgomery to monitor the oxygenation system;
3. Council adopted the 2020 Regular Council Meeting Schedule and for Administration to advertise the schedule;
4. Council appointed Councillors’ Bell and Martell to coordinate judging for the 2019 Light Up for Christmas Event for commercial and residential decorations, on December 5, 2019;
5. Council approved an Expression of Interest/Statement of Qualifications to secure a consultant to assist with the preparation of a Connectivity Plan, and to utilize $5,000 from the Economic Diversification Fund to be used for the preparation of a grant application to seek funding for the preparation of the Connectivity Plan;
6. Council referred to Budget, the Administrative Report from staff regarding Lakeview Development request for additional funding;
7. Council approved the 2020 Provisional Budget Meeting for Council and Staff be scheduled for Monday, February 3, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. in Council Chambers;
8. Council deferred to Budget discussions the request to have TRUE Consulting review and update the District's Development Cost Charge Bylaw at a cost not to exceed $20,000;
9. Council endorsed the Logan Lake Hockey Academy operated by MC Hockey to establish a program in Logan Lake for the year 2020;
10. Council approved that a letter be sent to the Minister of Mental Health and Addictions and request information on the probability of receiving a full-time Mental Health practitioner in Logan Lake;
11. Council approved that staff send a letter inviting Bernie Easson, Rural Health Director, Interior Health to meet with Council;
12. Council approved that Administration investigate, research, and report back what other municipalities are doing in regards to managing deer population in their communities;
13. Council adopted Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 852, 2019 to site-specific rezone Lot 1, Plan KAP74698, DL 2217, KDYD (184 Apex Drive) to permit Cannabis Production;
14. Council approved that a letter of thanks be sent to the Logan Lake Lions Club for their Sani-Dump presentation and cheque; and
15. Council gave 1st, 2nd and 3rd Reading to Inter-Community Business Licencing Bylaw No. 854, 2019 and authorized Administration to post a Notice of Intent to consider adoption of District of Logan Lake Inter-Community Business Licencing Bylaw No. 854, 2019 at the December 17th Regular Council meeting.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2019 Regular Council Meeting ScheduleUploaded: February 12, 2019
- 2020 Regular Meeting ScheduleUploaded: December 5, 2019