District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
February 12 & 26, 2019 - Regular Council Meetings
1. Council gave Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 841, 2019 first, second, and third reading;
2. Council approved the parcel tax increase as submitted by the Logan Lake TV Society;
3. Council approved the Logan Lake Lions Club to place a sign board advertising of local businesses;
4. Council approved for the Mayor, Councillor Smith and the CAO to attend meetings with the Minister of Health, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development; and for the MP and MLA be notified of such meetings;
5. Staff to provide information on what public input could look like at open meetings;
6. Council approved that Amber Part will be renamed “Al Kemp Park” in honour of past Mayor Al Kemp;
7. Council approved ATVBC’s request to have access into the town centre during their Poker Ride this year;
8. Council directed Staff to prepare a Volunteer Interest for the 50th Anniversary celebration;
9. Council approved for staff investigate the cost of a lawyer to review waiver forms that will be used in relation to the 50th Anniversary Legacy Project;
10. Council advised the 50th Anniversary Committee that the District is not prepared to proceed with a new building at this time, and that it will not be part of the Legacy Project proposal;
11. Council approved that the District purchase a full membership with Archives Association of BC at a cost of $120;
12. Council approved Vesta Giles, Vandelso Productions and a staff member to take an online course “Managing Archives” for a fee of $300 plus textbooks;
13. Council approved that the invoice from Vandelso Productions for $1087.62 be paid;
14. Council requested that information be provided to the LEWG on how to expedite approvals from the District when needed;
15. The 2019 Annual Budget meeting will be held on April 17, 2019 at 9:00 am in the Fire Hall Teck Room;
16. The Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel will be held on Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9:00 am in the Fire Hall Teck Room;
17. Council directed Staff to prepare a new Travel Expense and Council Remuneration Bylaw effective May 1, 2019, for consideration at the March 12, 2019 Regular Council meeting, and that the rates be increased by 2.9% and the vehicle allowance rate be increased to $.58/km as per Council policy; and
18. Public Notice will be given for Council to consider adopting Council Procedure Amendment Bylaw 842, 2019; and following statutory notice, the amendment bylaw, will be scheduled for consideration at the March 26, 2019 Regular Council meeting.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2019 Regular Council Meeting ScheduleUploaded: February 12, 2019