District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please be advised that the Regular Council meetings noted on the 2018 Schedule for April have been cancelled, and
a Regular Council meeting has been scheduled for April 17, 2018.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
April 17 - Special & Regular Council Meeting
- Council approved $65,000 to replace the sluice gates and blower at the Wastewater Treatment Plant;
- Council approved $9,000 toward the implementation of a Communication App specifically for the District of Logan Lake;
- Council approved $20,000 to complete a sidewalk extension from Galena Avenue to Hwy 97D;
- Council approved $50,000 to complete a sidewalk extension from the TNRD Library to Chartrand Place;
- Council approved $30,000 for Mall Garbage Bins Screening.
- Council approved the Logan Lake Rehabilitation Strategy, and $10,000 to be allocated toward the project from the Economic Development reserve to support the 2018 Logan Lake Tag Reward Program;
- Council held a Public Hearing in consideration of District of Logan Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 834, 2018;
- Council referred banning of plastic bags in Logan Lake to the Public Works, Parks and Recreation Standing Committee for further review and recommendation;
- The District of Logan Lake Volunteer Fire Department received recognition from BC Wildfire Service and Emergency BC Service for their support during the 2017 Wildfire Season;
- Council approved the Logan Lake 50th Anniversary Legacy Committee Structure as recommended by the Economic Development Committee;
- Council endorsed the Northern Xtreme Hockey Academy establishing a program within Logan Lake during winter 2019;
- Council agreed to acquire a Licence of Occupation from the Province for a car-park facility for a 15 year term for the purposes of a community trailhead;
- Council asked that a letter be forwarded to Mr. Brent Ashby, KPMG LLP Chartered Accountants thanking him for his presentation of the 2017 District of Logan Lake Consolidated Financial Statements;
- Council asked that a letter be forwarded to the Ministry of Education requesting a re-evaluation of funding formulas for post-secondary education; and further asked that a letter be sent to the Thomson Rivers University Students Union thanking them for their presentation;
- Council gave first three readings of Solid Waste and Recycling Removal/Disposal Bylaw No. 835, 2018 and Waterworks System, Connections and User Fees Bylaw No. 839, 2018;
- Council adopted TV Society Grant-in-Aid Frontage Tax Bylaw No. 838, 2018 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 834, 2018.
- Council Procedures Bylaw 632, 2008 Section 4.10Uploaded: September 17, 2015
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- 2018 Schedule of Regular Council Meetings RevisedUploaded: April 26, 2018