District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topins in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
October 9, 2018 - Special & Regular Council Meetings
1. The District has accepted an offer to purchase the property located at 300 Opal Drive with the closing date with subject removal of April 2019. The Purchaser is working with the District to develop Affordable/Subsidized Senior’s housing in accordance with the District’s Zoning Bylaw and the purchaser anticipates bringing the housing on-stream in 2019;
2. Council will await the outcome of the Appeal of the BC Supreme Court decision prior to consideration of banning of plastic bags;
3. The District will proceed with the Logan Lake Polar Carnival as a combined winter event with the caveat that the splitting of the events be re-evaluated in 2020;
4. A letter will be sent to the School Trustee inviting her to meet with Council;
5. A thank you letter will be sent to the Logan Lake Lions Club for hosting an All Candidates Forum, and will include an invitation for them to apply for a Grant-in-Kind for their October 5, 2018 rental of the Logan Lake Fire Hall for the hosting of an All Candidates Forum;
6. A letter which includes timelines, Administration report regarding Mobile Vendor Options, and a comment form, will be sent to all District non-profit societies and downtown commercial businesses for review and comment regarding mobile vending options;
7. Council denied the Grant-in-Kind application from the Beer Belly Tournament Committee requesting coverage of the cost of ice time for the annual tournament, as the application did not meet the District’s policy criteria;
8. Staff will prepare an Expression of Interest regarding the development of a digital record of Logan Lake that includes photo/video, audio, and written history of Logan Lake for the last 50 years;
9. Council approved an increase to the Lake Enhancement Working Group budget by $13,000 for 2018, and asked that the Financial Plan be amended accordingly;
10. Council adopted Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 840, 2018.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2018 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: June 19, 2018