District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
As per Provincial Health Officer Order regarding gatherings and events, Public attendance at any meetings of Council is currently prohibited. Meetings will be held electronically until further notice.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
December 15, 2020 Regular Council Meeting
1. Mayor R. Smith announced the Committees and Other Appointments for the year 2021;
2. Mayor R. Smith announced winners of the Light Up for Christmas Contest, which will be posted on the District's website, Facebook page, and LED Sign;
3. Council approved the Grant-in-Aid application from the Logan Lake Parent Advisory Council in the amount of $737.10 to cover the cost of arena ice rental for skating for Grades K-7;
4. Council approved the Logan Lake Curling Club’s request for their 2020-2021 curling season to be suspended due to COVID-19 and the Provincial Health Officer Order;
5. Council approved a follow-up letter be sent to Interior Health regarding Ltr 265 from the Ministry of Health in regards to Flu Immunizations in Logan Lake; and that the letter be copied to MLA Jackie Tegart;
6. Council approved the Grant-in-Kind Application submitted by the Logan Lake Girl Guides for 2021 valued at $932.40;
7. Council approved the 2021 Provisional Budget Meeting for Council and Staff be scheduled for Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.;
8. Council approved a Working from Home Policy, which is attached as Appendix 'B' to the minutes;
9. Council approved a letter of thanks be sent to Mike Thomas, Taxex Engineering for his presentation regarding a Connectivity Strategy for Logan Lake; and that the District will follow-up once Council has had time to review the information;
10. Council gave 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Reading to COVID-19 Safe Restart Reserve Fund Bylaw No. 868, 2020;
11. Council authorized the District to print copies of the Fact & Information Bulletin to be included as an insertion in each edition of the Logan Lake Buzz;
12. Council approved that a letter be sent congratulating Judy Darcy for her years of service and well wishes on her retirement.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2021 Schedule of Regular Council MeetingsUploaded: December 23, 2020
- 2021 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: December 23, 2020