District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
The District respectfully asks that those wishing to attend Council meetings adhere to all Social Distancing and Sanitization signage as posted.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
October 13, 2020 Regular Council Meeting
1. Council approved Grant-In-Kind request from the LL Minor Hockey Association valued at $15,000 for ice arena rental for the 2020/2021 season;
2. Council referred Draft Public Engagement and Communication Policy to the Executive Policy, and Relationship Building Committee; and the Community Engagement PowerPoint presentation to the Community Services Committee;
3. Council referred discussion of Community Event Planning during COVID-19 to the Economic Development, Trails, and Tourism Committee;
4. Council directed staff to work with the Golf Course Executive regarding issues identified during their Committee of the Whole presentation, and report back to Council;
5. Council supported the 2021 Community Resiliency Investment Program Grant application of $254,680;
6. Council approved a letter be sent to Martin Ince, MKI Wind Energy, thanking him for his presentation and looks forward to hearing updates on activities of MKI Wind Energy projects in the area;
7. Council approved a letter be sent to Devin Crossman thanking him for his presentation and that the District looks forward to hearing from the Group regarding questions that arose during the presentation;
8. Council adopted Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No.865, 2020.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2020 Regular Meeting ScheduleUploaded: December 5, 2019
- 2020 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: March 10, 2020