District of Logan Lake Council Meetings
Regular Council Meetings
Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 7:00 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
* Please note: The two Documents below are related to appearing as a Delegation to a Regular Council Meeting
Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to email@example.com.
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Agendas
Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Please click here to view Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Committee of the Whole Meetings
Committee of the Whole meetings are meetings called by the Mayor, and include all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
Please click here to view posted agendas.
Special Council Meetings
A Special Council meeting is a meeting called in addition to the annual Regular scheduled meetings and can be a meeting that is open or closed to the public. A 24-hour notice period is required for Council to conduct a Special meeting, unless waived under Section 127 (4) of the Community Charter.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
July 14, 2020 Regular Council Meeting
1. Council adopted Zoning Amendment Bylaw 862, 2020;
2. Council referred Ltr. 156 from Pat King regarding the District’s Animal Control Bylaw to the Executive, Policy, and Relationship Building committee for review and recommendation;
3. Council approved that a letter of thanks be sent to Dan Albus for his assistance in the approval of the Districts funding application to Canada Summer Jobs;
4. Council authorized Administration to enter into an agreement with Metro Motors to provide the Public Works Utility Truck at a cost not to exceed $101,000;
5. Council confirmed its continuing guarantee in a limited amount of $10,000 for the revolving line of credit that the Meadow Creek Golf Club owes or may owe CIBC at the current Prime Rate + 1%;
6. Council approved that the Meadow Creek Golf Course executive be invited to a Committee of the Whole meeting to provide a business update and a future road connection update;
7. Council approved that Administration prepare a Tax Sale Deferral Bylaw for Council's consideration at the August 18, 2020 Council Meeting;
8. Council authorized the calling of a Public Hearing to consider amending Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 670, 2010, by re-designating Lot 3, Plan KAP 74698, DL 2217, KDYD (175 Apex Drive), from Light Industrial/Service Commercial and Open Space to Light Industrial/Service Commercial and Open Space;
9. Council directed Administration to make the 2019 Annual Report available for public inspection and advertise consideration of the 2019 Annual Report at the August 18, 2020 Regular Council Meeting.
- Download this file (DELEGATION REQUEST FORM.pdf)Delegation Request FormUploaded: September 17, 2015
- Council Procedures Bylaw 831, 2018Uploaded: June 8, 2018
- 2020 Regular Meeting ScheduleUploaded: December 5, 2019
- 2020 Committees and Other AppointmentsUploaded: March 10, 2020